Thursday, March 31, 2011

Time to get back in shape

In a galaxy far, far away, in a time long ago, there was a young man who was a collegiate wrestler.  He took for granted that he was 6'3" tall and wrestled at 178 or so lbs.  Then he joined the military and packed on muscle and beer.  Many many bad choices later and this man, no longer young but hopefully middle aged, has packed on over 100 pounds of blubber.

But times, they are a changing again.  I have a young daughter about to start law school and an even younger daughter about to turn 3.  I watched a show the other day called "the Road".  At the end the father dies with the young son kissing him on the forehead.  I don't mind tell you that I cried.  I don't want my daughters to grow older without their father around to pester and annoy them.

Thus, it is time for a change.  I am about to start down a very scary road. I am about to start P90X.  I have heard many things about this program and not a single solitary one of them indicates an ease of use.  I fully expect to get my arse kicked daily.  I just hope that I have the mental strength, after all these years of relative ease, to follow through with this.  If anyone ever reads this site then I hope you will see my story of transition. 

No comments:

Post a Comment